Remedies for Swollen Foot And Legs
Swelling of feet and legs is very common problem with people. This is called edema and caused by abnormal build up of fluid in feet, legs and ankles. This swelling is painless but must be cured urgently. Here are some of home remedies to get rid of swollen feet and legs.
- Epsom salt works magically to treat swollen feet and legs. This is a very good foot soak remedy to reduce swelling from legs and feet. Taking full body bath by adding 1 cup of Epsom salt in your bath tub will help you reduce swelling feet and legs as well.
- Yoga is gentle exercise and is very good for making flow of blood better in the body as improper flow of blood is main cause of swelling feet and legs. Making inversion posture is very good in reducing swelling from feet and legs.
- Magnesium deficiency can lead to painful swelling in feet and legs and this state is more dangerous. You can take magnesium supplements to overcome this deficiency and treat swelling feet and legs.
- Elevating your tootsies is the best remedy for treating swelling feet and legs. You can use pillow, couches to elevate lower parts of your legs and feet.
- Blood flow is often restricted when you are on your feet for the whole day. Massaging your feet can surely be a good remedy to reduce swelling on feet and legs. Keep massaging for 20 minutes daily to make blood circulation better.
- Try to drink more and more water for the whole day to avoid and even reduce swelling on feet and legs. Lack of drinking water causes inflammation in lower portion of body, it is suggested to drink almost 8-10 glass of water daily.
- Using peppermint, eucalyptus, lemon and levendar oils are best to massage feet and legs daily to reduce swelling. However, these oils can be used to add in bath tub while taking bath for reducing swelling on feet and legs.
- Swelling and inflammation pain in lower part of body can be reduced by swimming daily for 30 minutes. Swimming makes you buoyant.
- It is also suggested to wear support hose and stockings to reduce painful swelling on feet and legs. Inflammation can also be cured by wearing support hoses and stockings.
- Intake of salt and caffeine is very bad for fluid so it is suggested to avoid using salt and caffeine if you are suffering from swelling on feet and legs. Dried seaweed and seal salt can be good alternates of accomplishing desire of salt and caffeine.
- Soaking feet in tonic water would be very good to reduce swelling on feet and ankles. Soak feet in tonic water just about 20 minutes and you will feel relief from swelling and discomfort.
- Keep changing your positions like sitting and standing to avoid swelling on feet and legs. In traveling, you should take break to stand up and move around. By doing so, you can avoid swelling on feet and legs.
- All these are best remedies to treat swelling at home. However, you must go for having medical treatment to cure this problem.